- January 1, 1945 ("Sunshine Period" V-mail advertisement).
- January 29, 1945 ("Sure was a hotspot" V-mail advertisement).
- February 12, 1945 ("Are you in the war 100%?": on the
necessity of saving paper).
- July 5, 1943 (paint-on stockings, Race War in Detroit).
- July 12, 1943 (housewives tell secrets of wartime
- July 19, 1943 ("What's in a Name?" Ethyl Corp. Advertisement).
- May 29, 1944 (Cannon Percale Sheets advertisement).
- June 5, 1944 (Plain wartime meals bring condiment boom).
- June 12, 1944 ("The Enemy" editorial).
- July 3, 1944 (The White Cliffs of Dover and other
The Providence Journal:
- September 13, 1932 (Providence schools merged
- October 1, 1933 (recipes from the Home Section, job
opportunity for a man).
- October 1, 1935 (Gender-divided job ads).
- April 1, 1939 (Britain and France promise aid).
- April 9, 1939 (two ads for the Outlet Company, Map of
- April 10, 1939 (Marion Anderson gives concert).
- September 17, 1939 (Gladdings stockings ad, Gladdings
- January 11, 1940 (British Bomb Nazi bases).
- May 19, 1940 (Summertime and the dresses are lovely,
Rhode Island living in the California Way).
- December 7, 1941 (Pearl Harbor Bombing, Paper doll
- December 12, 1941 (Italy, US, Nazis declare war).
- October 1, 1942 (Brown University Extension courses).
- April 13, 1945 (cover: Roosevelt Dies, Truman Becomes
- May 2, 1945 (Silver Slipper stockings ad, Blind
Soldier weaving, Rhode Island war casualties, Knight
- May 3, 1945 (Boston Store Floral Spring Prints,
Journal Canteen tap dancers, Victory Babies, "Making Love
by V-Mail" ad).
- May 4, 1945 (Victory Gardens).
- September 1, 1945 (Returning veteran job openings).
- Harris, Mark Jonathan, et al.
- The Homefront: America During World War II (New
York: G.P. Putnam's Sons 1984).
- Hoopes, Roy.
- Americans Remember the Home Front (New York: Hawthorne Books, Inc., 1977).
- Mason and Mitchell.
- Active Games and Contests (New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, Inc., 1935).
- Mitchell, Martha.
- Encyclopedia Brunonia (1993).
- O'Neill, William L.
- A Democracy at War (New York: Macmillan, 1993).
- Roosevelt, Eleanor.
- On My Own (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1958).
- This I Remember (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1949).
- Roosevelt, Franklin D.
- The Public Papers and Addresses of Franklin
D. Roosevelt: 1941 (New York: Harper & Brothers 1941).
- Trager, James.
- The Women's Chronology (New York: Henry Holt and
- Yu, C. John
Japanese American Internment (http://www.geocites.com/Athens/8420/main.html).